Planning to Visit Jim Corbett? Things you must Know
Jim Corbett, the largest national park of India was setup in 1936. It is situated at a height of 1300 feet above the sea level. Jim Corbett is located in Uttarakhand and is best known for Jungle safaris.
If you are planning to visit Jim Corbett National Park, it is advised to know everything about the place before you visit.
- If you are a wildlife lover, this place is best for you.
- Must visit place for adventurer travelers and wildlife photographers.
- You may find reptiles, mammals and birds here.
- The park is spread in 1318 sq km of area.
- Best time to visit the Jim Corbett park is from mid-November to mid-June.
- For the Jim Corbett tour, you may take the Jeep safari, Elephant or Canter safaris.
What are the best things to do in Jim Corbett?
Here are 10 best things that travelers love to do in Jim Corbett Part, Uttarakhand.
- Jeep Safari
- Elephant Safari
- Corbett Waterfall
- Bird Watching
- Garjia Temple
- Mountain Biking
- River Crossing
What is the best time to Visit Jim Corbett?
- Best time to visit Jim Corbett is from mid-November to mid-June. At this time Dhikala Zone is opened for visitors. This is the best time for bird watching and you can also see tigers.
- Jhirna zone remains open throughout the year for visitors.
- Durga Devi zone remains open from mid-October to June.
- Bijrani Zone remains open from mid-October to mid-June. At this time of year, you can spot maximum number of birds and animals. If you are specially visiting Jim Corbett park to see Royal Bengal tigers, this is the best time to travel. Wildlife photographers can get the best shoots of different poses of animals. At this time of year, visitors can enjoy Jungle safari, trekking, rafting & nature walks.
- July to September is the off season. But this is the best time if you want to visit Jim Corbett in lesser crowd. This is also the best time for trekking lovers. As this is the rainy season, you can enjoy lush greenery and whole beauty of this place. At this time, animals enjoy their mating time. Some parts of the park remain closed during this season, due to a high risk of landslides and soil erosion. So, this season can be little risky too.
Animals and Birds that you find in Jim Corbett
Animals in Jim Corbett
Royal Bengal Tiger is the main attraction of Jim Corbett National Park. The other animals that you may find Leopards, Elephants, Sambars, Spotted Deer, Nilgai, Hog Deer, Sloth Bear, Wild Boar, Barking Deer, Langur, Ghural, Rhesus Monkey, Himalayan Black Bear, Sloth Bear, Yellow Throated Martem, Dhole Jackal, Indian Grey Mongoose, Himalayan Palm Civet, Porcupine, Common Otter, Clack Taped Hare, Chital, Para, Kakka, and smaller felines such as Fishing Cat, Jungle Cat, etc.
Birds in Jim Corbett
Bird watching is one of the best experiences of Jim Corbett tour. Winter and summers are the best seasons for bird watching. There are more than 500 species of migratory birds that can be seen in Jim Corbett Park. The species include Jungle Fowl, Peacock, Partridge, Crow, Vulture, Kaleej Peasant, Laughing Thrush, Parakeet, Kingfisher, Oriole, Dove, Teal, Woodpecker, Drongo, Stork, Cormorant Ancestor, Seagull, Domestic Fowl And Blossom-Headed Parakeet, etc.
We are planning to visit Jim Corbett in November. Hope this is the right time for bird watching. We are mainly going for bird watching there.