Akshardham Temple Delhi – Attractions, Architecture, Visiting Time, Entry Fee
Akshardham is one of the most popular and beautiful temples of Delhi. We also know this temple as Akshardham Delhi. One of other popular names of this temple is Swaminarayan Akshardham temple Delhi.
This famous Hindu temple is also known for its beautiful architecture, Indian Culture and Spirituality. The artisans used ancient techniques to build this lavish architecture which was in its finished shape in 2005.
- The Akshardham Mandir’s architecture is built on the basis of Vastu Shastra and Pancharatra Shastra.
- The adorable architecture of the temple represents the 234 beautifully carved pillars, 9 domes and 20 quadrangle spires.
- The 20,000 spiritual sculptures in the temple also attract visitors a lot.
- The centrepiece has 3-m high gold statue of Bhagwan Shri Swaminarayan.
The Akshardham Mandir is not only visited by Indian devotees but the charm of the temple has also spread all over different countries. Foreigners also visit to view the beauty of this temple and participate in Pooja and Aarti.
- The temple is spread over an area of 100 acres.
- The temple’s architecture is inspired from Badrinath Temple, Konark Temple and Somanth Temple.
- The temple attracts nearly 10000 visitors a day.
Attraction Points and Things to do at Akshardham Delhi Temple
So, Akshardham Delhi is not only a temple to worship but it has many tourists’ attractions as well which can allure you and you can have a good family time there too. The attractions which you can enjoy at Akshardham Mandir are:
A beautiful Water Show
The amazing water show starts after the sunset. It is a 24 minute water show which creates beautiful flowers and presentations with water and the lighting effects. The water show is also called the fountain show as it is organized with the help of the fountain.
The Akshardham Temple of Delhi has two beautiful theme gardens; One is Bharat Upvan where you can enjoy the lush greenery and can see many inspiring idols and figures of national freedom fighters. The other theme garden is Yogihriday Kamal which is in the shape of a lotus. The timings of the theme garden is 9:30 AM to 7 PM.
Bharat Upavan Theme Garden
Yogi Hriday Kamal Theme Garden
- Hall of Values
- IMAX film of Swaminarayan’s life
- Cultural Boat Ride
Important to know when you visit the Akshardham Mandir Delhi
- Photography is not allowed within the temple premises. So, you can’t carry any type of camera and mobile phones with you.
- Any types of bags and electronic items are not allowed. Ladies can carry a small handbag with them.
- Eating and drinking is also not allowed. But temple has a food court where you enjoy tasty and hygienic food.
- In the main temple, you have to take off your socks and shoes.
- If you are coming by your own car or vehicle, you can park it in the temple’s parking which is very big and vast.
- You will find cleanliness all around within the temple campus.
How to Reach Swaminarayan Akshardham Delhi Temple
The temple is only 200-meter walking distance from the Akshardham Metro station. So, you can easily come by Delhi Metro. And if you come by your own vehicle, you will get a big parking besides the temple to park your car or bike.
When to Visit Akshardham Temple Delhi
- The opening timing of Akshardham Temple is from 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM
- Mandir Aarti starts after 10:00 AM.
- The water show timings are after sunset, so outdoor and exhibitions remain open till 8:00 PM.
- The mandir is opened everyday from Tuesday to Sunday. Only Monday is closed.
Akshardham Temple Delhi Ticket Price
- The whole temple and the theme garden are free to visit. You only need to buy a ticket to watch the water show. The ticket prices for water show
- Adults (Age 12+): ₹ 90
- Seniors (Age 60+): ₹ 90
- Children (Age 4 – 11): ₹ 60
- Children (Below Age 4): Free
images source: akshardham.com