A Tour to Taj Mahal, Agra – Seven Wonders of the World
Taj Mahal is one of the historical monuments of India and is the second best UNESCO world heritage site in the world. Taj Mahal, also spelled Taj Mahal is most famous as, “seven wonders of the world”. It is a beautiful architectural monument by Shah Jahan in remembrance of his third wife Mumtaz who was died while giving birth to their 14th child in 1631.
Taj Mahal is constructed with all white marble which is the most attraction point of this beautiful building. It involved more than 20,000 workers and 22 years to complete the mausoleum which has spread in 42-acre (17-hectare).
Where is Taj Mahal located?
Taj Mahal is located in Agra, Uttar Pradesh. It is reachable by road, located on the banks of Yamuna.
What is the best time to visit Taj Mahal?
- If you are planning to visit Agra in summer, this would not be the best time. The environment remains heated in Agra from April to September and you can’t actually enjoy the beauty of Taj Mahal.
- Planning your visit to Agra in pleasant weather is going to build sweet memories for you. Plan your visit to Taj Mahal, Agra between October to March. So the best season for Agra visit is between autumn and winter.
How to reach Taj Mahal?
- Train and by road, both are the best options to reach Agra.
- Three main tourist hubs from where you can reach Agra are Delhi, Jaipur and Gwalior.
- Agra is 204 kms from Delhi; it will take 2 to 3 hours by train and 4 to 5 hours by road.
- Agra is 235 kms from Jaipur; it will take 4 hours by train and 4-5 hours by road.
- Agra is 125 kms from Gwalior; it will take 1 hour by train and 2 hours by road.
What are the timings to visit Taj Mahal?
Taj Mahal is opened for visitors from morning 6 o’clock till evening 6:30 pm. It remains closed on Friday. If you want to visit Taj Mahal in night time, then it is opened from 8:30 pm to 12:30 am. In night time, only 5 days are opened in a month. On full moon and 2 days before and after of full moon, (but closed on Friday).
Famous Places to Visit Near Taj Mahal
Agra being, one of the historical cities of India has many tourist places to visit other than Taj Mahal. Agra has many architectural buildings with the old heritage that visitors love to explore. To closely visit the Agra and its heritage properties, you can plan a 2-3 days of Agra tour. To name a few popular places to visit in Agra, it has:
Tiranga Chowk – Kheria, Agra
Chini Ka Rauza